User Roles and Privileges within Google Workspace Admin Console
Within the Admin Console (admin.google.com) there are many roles preconfigured. Some of the most common ones are
- Super Admins
- Groups Admin
- User Management
You can assign any user to have one of these roles which would give them a higher level of responsibility.
Admin console – Admin roles
You may also create a custom role, picking and choosing which privileges the role should have. Sometimes when you have many roles, it’s hard to see these privileges in an understandable way.
Roles and Privileges in GAT+
That is why we have introduced a new auditing section in GAT+ called Roles and Privileges.
In this area, you can quickly generate a spreadsheet report of all of the privileges created.
In this area, you can quickly generate a spreadsheet report of all of the Roles created.
These privileges will have the following details within the Spreadsheets:
- Privilege ID – A Unique Identifier GAT+ assigns as part of its metadata processing.
- Service ID – is the id of the service for which this particular permission was created
- Service Name – Service name which using this privilege
- Privilege Name – Name of a particular privilege
- Parent Privilege Name – if a privilege is a descendant of any other privilege
- isOuScopable – The privilege can be restricted to an organization unit
Those are the most important factors about privileges.
In summary: privileges are lists of permissions and each role can be assigned different privileges.
To request a demo please click here and fill the form, we will get back to you in less than 12 hours during weekdays.
If you trailed GAT in the past and you would like to run a fresh trial again, please enquire through this form.