How to Prepare a Google Classroom Session in Teacher Assist?
With Teacher Assist – Teachers are given the ability to monitor and control students while class is in session
It provides the Teachers with the ability to control and view what the students are doing in real-time.
Before the Classroom session starts, the Teacher can prepare and define what pages to be allowed or blocked on the students’ accounts while in Teacher Assist (Class session).
Navigate to Classrooms → pick the Classroom → select Classroom settings
This will show the settings menu for the specific classroom.
- Students – List of students in the classroom – you can activate or deactivate them for the session
- Prepare Class session – Prepare class session, by Blocking all sites by default, or selecting specific sites to be Blocked or Allowed during the Class session
- Info – Displays all the details for the Classroom
- Timers – Set up a timer for the Class session
Prepare Class Session
- Block all sites by default – (enable & disable) – Block every page for the user – the student will not be able to open any website
- Allow/Block Site – Enter the website to be Blocked or Allowed during the Class Session
- Toggle Open on Start Session – On the Allowed site, the Teacher can Toggle a Site to be opened when the Class Session starts
This will make the Site – Open on session start
When ready with setting up the Class session, click on the Exit button and Save the settings
Select the Classroom and click on Session Start
The Teacher will start the Class session, and the rules set up will be applied. All students will have “classroom.google.com” opened on their screens (as set up above)
The list of sites to be blocked will be unavailable for the students, during the Classroom session
The allowed sites can be opened by the Students.
Note: Block all sites by default, will block every page for the student, and only “allowed” pages can be opened.
Note: All the setup rules in Prepare Class session will be active only while the Teacher is on the Class Session
To request a demo please click here and fill the form, we will get back to you in less than 12 hours during weekdays.
If you trailed GAT in the past and you would like to run a fresh trial again, please enquire through this form.