We can change Member Access of any Shared drive. We can also change “Shared Drives” settings directly from the tool.
In GAT+ navigate to Drive audit from the menu on the left
From the top bar select Shared Drives – View all the Shared drives across your domain.
Select the one you want to edit and click the Shared drive operations button
There are two options:
- Members Access management
- Settings management
In Drive management, the options are:
- Add permissions (users)
- Remove permissions (users)
- Replace existing permissions (users) from the selected Shared drive.
The actions for Add permissions ( users ) are:
- Add users as Contributors, Viewers, Commenters, Managers, Content managers and Remove other permissions
The actions for Remove permissions ( users ) are:
- Remove users as Contributors, Viewers, Commenters, Managers Content managers, Remove all external contributors, Remove all external viewers and Remove all external commenters
The actions for Replace permissions ( users ) are:
- Replace existing permissions on the given Shared Drive. For example: From email@example.com as Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org as Content Manager. Replace existing permissions on the given Shared drive.
Fill in the details of the changes you would like to make and click on Next.
In the Summary view all the changes that will occur.
Click on Send request for approval by Security Officer.
When it is approved the changes will be applied and changes will occur. The progress can be viewed in the Admin log from where it also can be reverted.
When we find and view the Shared drive we can see that the changes were applied.
This allows you to change Shared drive sharing settings to:
- Sharing only inside the domain ( Yes / No )
- Sharing only with drive members ( Yes / No )
- Only contributors can download, copy and print ( Yes / No )
Click on Apply and the changes will take effect.
Sharing settings for Shared drive will be changed according to the selected options.
To request a demo please click here and fill the form, we will get back to you in less than 12 hours during weekdays.
If you trailed GAT in the past and you would like to run a fresh trial again, please enquire through this form.