How to Manage Domain-Wide Download
GAT Shield is an extension that allows admins to track and view the Users behavior while logged into the domain account. The Workspace Admin set up real-time alerts based on the behavior of the end-users.
GAT Shield downloads allow admins to view and manage all downloads made domain-wide.
In the download section, you can view all files which have been downloaded by your users through their Chrome browsers.
You can view the URL date download the files from, the format of the file, where it is stored, the size, when Download started, and when it finished. As well as who downloaded the file.
Let’s use a filter to find a specific set of results. Using the ‘apply filters’ button, We’ll create a filter to search for a specific OU.
Navigate to Shield → Audit → Downloads → Apply custom filter
In this example:
- Domain – enter the domain name
- User org. unit – enter the org. unit needed
- MIME – enter the mime type (image/png) – as example
On the right-side under action click on the “eye” icon to view all the details pertaining to that download.
Here you will have access to the GAT shield instance details. the GAT Shield UUID is a unique ID given to every user per device.
Find the device where the file was downloaded on
We’ll go ahead and copy this UUID and go to the user device geo reporting section. We can create a filter and use the Shield UUID filter and paste it into the ID.
Now we have received information about:
- Shield version
- the user was running
- the serial number if they are using a Chromebook and the OS of the device.
- Also, get their public IP private IP and geolocation information such as city and country.
This example can help you find what device the file was downloaded on.
You can also take proactive measures to curb the downloading of files you deem unsafe.
Set up Alert rule on Downloads
To do this, select the alert rules section.
Navigate to Shield → Configuration → Alert Rules → +Add a rule
- Add a rule for Downloads – File download
- Alert rule name – enter a name for the rule
- Active – enable or disable the rule
- File extension – enter the extension type, such as an exe, pdf, doc, png, mov – separate by semicolon
- File size – enter the size of files
- Cancel/delete download – enable or disable the option to prevent the downloads of the files
- If selected (enabled) the file will be downloaded and removed from the users’ account
- If unselected (disabled) only alert will be generated, the downloads will not be canceled
- Report file name – enable or disable the view of the file name
- Scope – enter where the rules are to be active to which users, if blank the rule will be applied to all Shield users
- Screen/Webcam capture – You can check the report file name, screen capture, and webcam capture to see who downloaded the file and what their screen and webcam were capturing at the time of the download.
- Site exclusion – enter the sites where the rule will not be applied to.
To request a demo please click here and fill the form. We’ll get back to you in less than 12 hours during weekdays.
If you trailed GAT in the past and would like to run a fresh trial again, please inquire through this form.