How to Find the Number of Emails each User sent and received in a 24 hour period
Using the Google Workspace Admin Console or Google Vault it’s a difficult task for a super admin to find all of the emails sent or received by the entire organization or sub-group of users in a clear and readable way.
That’s why Email auditing in GAT+ is so important. For any filter you create, you can see who was involved with sending or receiving those emails.
Navigate to GAT+ → Email → Emails tab → Apply custom filter
In the filter add the dates to capture the previous or any 24 hour period.
In the search definition area, the following search parameters were applied.
- Gmail date – after or equal
- Gmail date – before or equal
Click on the “Apply” button
In the above example, we’re looking back one day, you can have your custom look back cover a date range you need to audit.
TIP: Click on the “Scheduled” button, to set up a Scheduled report for this search, based on that an automatic report can be generated on daily, weekly basis.
When the result of the search is displayed, you will see the metadata for all the emails sent or received inside the selected time frame.
Click on the Send/Receiver tab and the search will be carried over.
The sender/receiver table will show the Emails divided into different sets of data
- Internal senders for emails from the selected data in the Emails tab – number of emails sent from your domain’s users.
- Internal receivers for emails from the selected data in the Emails tab – the number of emails each local user received (including, cc’s and bcc’s).
- External senders for emails from the selected data in the Emails tab – all of the external senders and the number of emails they sent in the last 24 hours.
- External receivers for emails from the selected data in the Emails tab – all the external receivers and how many emails they received in the last 24 hours.
All this information and each search category can be exported into CSV or Google Sheet for further analysis.
To request a demo please click here and fill the form, we will get back to you in less than 12 hours during weekdays.
If you trailed GAT in the past and you would like to run a fresh trial again, please enquire through this form.