With GAT+ and GAT Unlock you can View or Bulk Download Email Contents from any given user or group of users.
Learn more about GAT Unlock and how to enable it here
- “Email audit” allows admins to find any email send or received by users from your domain based on scanned data.
- “Email Content search” allows admins to search for emails across your organizations Gmail accounts for specific emails based on live search
Using “Email Content search” an Admin can search for all the emails sent to or from a particular user on your domain. The search can also take many common Gmail search operators.
- Search for emails sent to a particular user that were ‘Unread’ and many more.
- Enter the query you want to search for.
- Under “Show more options” click on ‘Search tips’ to open a new page to view all search operators that are available.
- There are two additional input fields for User/Group and Org. Unit
- At least one of the fields must be filled in. Use to limit your search to specific users’ accounts so that the search is finished quicker because the scope is better defined.
As a real example:
- Query: Search for “any” email
- that contains the sentence: “security keys“
- is newer than 7 days
- emails must have an attachment:
- query applied below:
- “security keys” newer_than:7d has:attachment
- query applied below:
- Limiting only to a certain user/group will improve the accuracy and speed of the search.
- If Org. unit search is used it might be a long search and can become a background search, you can leave it to run ( in the background ) and access it later.
- Apply any filter and click on “Previous searches” this will show a list of all the previous searches, select the one you need.
Click on “Search emails”
When the search has finished, the result will be displayed.
Click on the checkmark button beside the email subject to select them.
Click on the “Email operations” button above.
A drop-down menu will be displayed.
Click on the “Create new access request” option
A new pop-up window will be displayed. Fill in the details needed.
- “Request access until” – pick a date until access to the selected emails will be granted
- “Message” – leave an optional message to the Security officers giving the reason why access is needed.
- “Additional permissions” – Allow and give an option to the Admin to remove emails
- Click on “Send request” to proceed
The Security Officer will receive an email detailing the access request being made. They can click on the link in the email to approve.
When approved the Super Admin will receive an email in return notifying them of the Security Officer decision: (Approved or Denied)
When the request has been approved the Admin will have access to the email to view and download its contents.
In the “Email Content search” click on the “Previous searches” button.
Under Actions click on your request (green checkmark) that has just been approved (or any other request).
When this is done an “Email operations” button will be displayed on the left side.
Click on it then select “Access permissions request”.
A list of all the sent for approval requests will be displayed.
- Find the one just requested, search by message or request at a time.
- Click on the checkmark under the Actions field.
The result will be displayed again, but this time will have an additional option (more actions) available under Actions on the right side.
Click on each of the emails – under the Actions (more actions button) to:
- Download as PDF
- Download as EML
- Show email content
Show email content
Click on the “Show email content” button to view the content of the email.
On the left side under “Email operations”, more options will be available to take over bulk emails.
- Select all emails needed by clicking on the checkmark button
- Click on the top checkmark beside the subject will select all emails found as a result
The bulk actions that are available are:
- Download e-mails (EML) – selected emails
- Download e-mails (PDF) – selected emails
- Remove e-mails (permanent) – selected emails
- Remove e-mails (trash only) – selected emails
- Select the email needed.
- Click on the Email operations button then click on Download e-mails (EML/PDF).
A new window will be displayed giving you additional details.
Click on the “Proceed” button.
The requester will receive an email with details about the download:
Note: The emails can be downloaded (download link) will be also generated and availiable in the Admin Log (left side menu)
The Emails will be packed in a ZIP file.
- Link to download the emails
- Password – to keep data safe, the file will be encrypted and packed in a ZIP file, which can be opened by the provided password
When the Emails are downloaded, to open the ZIP file (emails) use the given password in the email above.
To request a demo please click here and fill the form, We’ll get back to you in less than 12 hours during weekdays.
If you trailed GAT in the past and would like to run a fresh trial again, please enquire through this form.