Block Websites that Appear as IP Addresses
The websites may sometimes appear with an IP address within the URL bar.
Conventional firewalls may not be able to block IP address sites. GAT Shield offers the ability for super admins to block these types of sites.
To block an IP address URL with Shield, follow these steps:
Site Access Control
Navigate to GAT Shield → Configuration → Site Access Control → Config
In IP Blocking select the options
- Block all URLs that appear as public IP addresses
- Block all URLs that appear as private IP addresses
- Scope – select the scope of users to be blocked
- Click on to “Save” the rule
Public and Private URLs
Example: Websites that have URLs like:
- Public IP – 126.96.36.199
- Private IP – 192.168.0.1
The sites that appear as IP addresses will be blocked.
To request a demo please click here and fill the form, we will get back to you in less than 12 hours during weekdays.
If you tried GAT in the past and you would like to run a fresh trial again, please enquire through this form.