GAT+ provides a detailed and in-depth overview of the entire Google domain. There are multiple actions and reports that can be generated using the GAT+ tool.
With GAT+ File Management the Google Workspace Admin can enable or disable Sharing policies on Drive files (Share with people settings in Drive)
The File Access control can be set on existing Google Drive files to enable/disable:
- Editors can change permissions and share
- Viewers and commenters can see the option to download, print, and copy
Navigate to GAT+ → Drive → Apply custom filter to find the files you need
When the result is found
- Select the file – click on the checkmark beside the Title
- Click on File operations
- Select Enforce “Contributors can’t share”
Note: If Restricted mode enabled – Contributors can’t change Sharing permissions and Share
When the option is selected, pop up message will be displayed.
The operation cannot be undone
Note: This operation cannot be undone
Click on the “Confirm” button, to enforce the policy. The process can be checked in the Admin log
Editor required to request approval
For the Editors/Contributors to share the file/folder they will be required to get approval from the File owner
The owner will receive an email like the below:
- Name of the File – Request for access – User X is requesting access to a document for the following people – email of the user
- Click on Share or Open sharing settings
The policy will be reflected in GAT+ the files will have a Flag: Contributors can’t share
To request a demo please click here and fill the form, we will get back to you in less than 12 hours during weekdays.
If you trailed GAT in the past and you would like to run a fresh trial again, please enquire through this form.