GAT Flow allows Offboarding and Modifying actions to occur based on Events, such as moving a user to Org. Unit or Google group
This is ideal if you want to trigger an action of Modifying or Offboarding of an existing user as a result of moving a user to a Google Group or Org unit.
Below are instructions of how this can be done in Flow
In GAT+ navigate to Flow
In Flow open Event workflow
Click on the top right corner Add new workflow
In Workflow type fill in the details.
- Workflow name – Enter a workflow name
- Type – Select the type Modify or Offboarding
- Event – (Start when a user is added to Google Group) and (Start when a user is moved to an Org.Unit.)
- Recursive OU search – On or Off, select to include Sub. OUs of the selected OUs recursively
- Value – Select OU or Group – select Multiple values
- Active – activate or deactivate the Event workflow
- Pre-approved – When on the workflow does not need to be approved, when off the workflow (action after the user is moved to Group or Org unit) has to be approved again.
When the details are filled in click on Next.
In the Choose actions tab select any of the actions from the menu with options on the left-hand side then fill in the necessary details.
When ready with the actions click on Send approval request.
The admin will see the request submitted.
This can be additionally edited and viewed in detail from the purple icons.
When the request is sent an automatic email will be sent to the Security officers of your domain.
This will lead them to Flow – Event workflow for approval – Deny or Approve
When the request is approved, the event workflow will be set as approved.
As an example, we set when any user is added to the OU /Graduation Year/Class of 2020 the events that we selected will take effect.
This event will be triggered when GAT+ Scan “notices” the change on the Org. Unit or Group.
When the job is triggered (the user is moved to the above OU) it will be visible in the Workflow tab.
Click on the eye icon to see the details.
If the Event workflow is pre-approved – the effect will be set to run right away.
If the Event workflow was not pre-approved – the workflow need to be approved again by Security officer
This is the way Admin can set Event-based Flow actions.
To request a demo please click here and fill the form, we will get back to you in less than 12 hours during weekdays.
If you trailed GAT in the past and you would like to run a fresh trial again, please enquire through this form.