Remove user from Google Sites using GAT Flow
GAT Flow is a Google Workspace user management tool that’s part of the GAT+ toolset.
It allows Google Workspace Admins to manage and manipulate multiple domain user accounts, whereby Admins can Onboard, Offboard or Modify domain users.
One of the options available for Modifying and Onboarding users is an action that can be taken on Google Sites, whereby an Admin can remove users from all Google Sites. Here’s how:
1. Set a workflow
Navigate to GAT Flow → Create workflow
2. Choose Workflow type
- Enter a name for the workflow
- Select the type of workflow
- Offboarding – offboarding users
- Modify – modify existing users
3. Click on Next to proceed
4. Search for a user:
Pick the users who need to be removed from any Google sites
- Enter user by selecting a user, group, or org. unit of users
- Select “Proceed to actions” to proceed
5. Choose actions
In “Choose actions” select the action needed.
In the left-side menu under Drive select or search for Remove user from Google sites
6. When the options are selected click on “Send approval request“.
Security officer Approval
When the request is sent for approval, the Security officer has to approve the request.
They will receive an email like below.
The officer will be navigated to Flow → Approval where the request can be approved or denied.
When approved, the Workflow will be set and scheduled to run.
The selected users will be removed from any Google sites.
Note: For data to be reflected, a new GAT+ scan will be required.
The progress can be seen in the Workflow tab.
- Scheduled – the job is requested and set to run
- Done – when the workflow has been completed
- Partially done – when it is partially completed
- Error – you can view the “error” from the “eye” icon
When approved and the job is done, you can see the status in the Workflow as Done.
To request a demo please click here and fill the form. We’ll get back to you in less than 12 hours during weekdays.
If you trailed GAT in the past and would like to run a fresh trial again, please inquire through this form.