This simple post explains how to set up an alert for a report triggered whenever any specified user shares Drive files externally.
Firstly, make sure GAT+ is installed on your domain with the corresponding license.
Once GAT+ is launched, navigate to Alert Rules and add an alert using the plus icon.
- Enabled = tick
- Select Type = Drive
- Scope = User
- Recipients =email recipients of the alert
- Select custom for the Alert if the regex matches a newly shared out file and name the rule in this case “Shared out alert”
- Input the regex pattern [\s\S]*
- You can choose to notify user and/or remove shares.
- Save the alert – will activate the alert to trigger whenever any file is shared out for specified users.
The rule can be viewed, edited, or deleted by selecting the icons shown below.
The recipients selected in the rule will receive an email report on any shared out files.
To request a demo please click here and fill the form, we’ll get back to you in less than 12 hours on weekdays.
If you trailed GAT in the past and you’d like to run a fresh trial again, please enquire through this form.