📖 2 mins read
You can now find additional information about people within your organization, your Contacts, and people who email you in the Gmail side panel. This includes:
- Contact information, such as phone number and email address,
- Team and manager,
- Office and desk location,
- Whether you’ve received email from them before, and more.
Additional information will appear in the Gmail side panel.
You can also add people to your contacts and send them an email or message.
Admins and end users
Why you’d use it
This feature expands upon information you can already view when hovering over a person’s name in Gmail. In the side panel, you can learn more about who the person you’re collaborating with is, what team they’re on, and whether you’ve interacted with them before. This feature makes collaboration and connecting with key stakeholders easier.
To maximize this feature, it’s helpful to have user data fully populated across Google Workspace apps. Workspace admins can populate this data in a few locations:
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature. Visit the Help Center to learn more about adding information to a user’s Directory profile.
- End users: There is no end user setting for this feature. Click “More info” while hovering over a user’s information card, or select the Contacts icon in the side panel. Visit the Help Center to learn more about using Google products side by side.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on November 23, 2020
- Available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, as well as Google Workspace Basic, Business, Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits
- Available to users with personal Google Accounts
Thanks for sharing and spreading the word!