Project Description📖 < 1 min read
In April 2021, Google announced a new and improved Google Meet experience to help make meetings more immersive, inclusive, and productive. Google have revised the rollout for the new Google Meet experience:
- Rapid Release domains: A gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) began on May 24, 2021.
- Scheduled Release domains: A gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) will begin on June 1, 2021.
- Users using Google Meet with a personal Google account: rollout began on May 24, 2021.
Additionally, users will have the option to revert to legacy Google Meet experience until June 10, 2021. On June 11, 2021, the new Google Meet experience will become the standard experience for all users.
You can follow the Google Meet Help Community for more updates on rollout progress and support.
Use of 3rd party Chrome extensions (including the Grid View extension) could impact your experience — disabling any extensions that interact with Google Meet could resolve this.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: No action required. To revert to the legacy Google Meet experience, select “Use the legacy experience for this call” from the banner. You can also disable any Chrome extensions that interact with Meet if you notice issues.
Google Workspace Customers
Users with personal Google accounts
- Rollout began on May 24, 2021
- Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as Google Workspace Basic and Business customers
- Available to users using Google Meet with a personal Google account
Thanks for sharing and spreading the word!