Project Description📖 2 mins read
Google is launching an integration between Google endpoint management and Apple Business Manager (formerly the Device Enrollment Program, or DEP). This makes it possible to securely distribute and manage company-owned iOS devices from the Google Admin console.
Why you’d use it
- Admins can manage company-owned iOS devices directly from the Admin console, in the same location as they manage other devices that access their organization’s data.
- Admins can control a wider range of features including app installation, Apple app usage, authentication methods, and more, as shown in this table of supervised company-owned iOS device settings.
- Apple Business Manager and Google endpoint management automatically sync for seamless device management.
- Users follow a simple device setup and enrollment through the built-in setup wizard.
- Admins: To use this feature, you need to enable advanced mobile management for iOS devices in applicable OUs, and have an Apple Business Manager account set up. Visit the Help Center to learn more about how to set up company-owned iOS device management.
- End users: There is no end user setting for this feature. Once provisioned by an admin, users can follow the device setup wizard steps to enroll the device. Once the setup wizard is complete, the Google Device Policy app will automatically install and the user should sign in to it with their Google Workspace or Cloud Identity account.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on July 21, 2020
- Available to Google Workspace Enterprise, Google Workspace Enterprise for Education, Google Workspace Enterprise Essentials, and Cloud Identity Premium customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Basic, Google Workspace Business, Google Workspace for Education, Google Workspace for Nonprofits, and Google Workspace Essentials customers