📖 < 1 min read
You can now grant admin privileges for Calendar-related settings and resource management separately.
Google is changing the hierarchy of privileges within the Calendar privileges section of the Admin console. Before, to control calendar-related admin privileges, you had to use the “All Settings” checkbox, which controlled both calendar settings and resource management. Now, there’s a separate “Settings” checkbox which allows you to assign privileges related to calendar settings separately from resource management.
Why you’d use it
With this change, admins can now create more specified custom roles to delegate tasks clearly and without worrying who the appropriate user is, for example:
- An admin who can only manage buildings and resources
- An admin who can only see room insights
- An admin who can only modify calendar-related settings
- Admins: In the Admin console, go to Account > Admin roles and select the admin role for which you’d like to designate privileges. Click on Calendar.
- End users: No action required.
Existing pre-built and custom roles will NOT be affected by this change. To learn more about the different admin privileges and their definitions, check out the Help Center.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on February 18, 2021
- Available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals, and Education Plus, as well as Google Workspace Basic, Business, and Nonprofits customers
Thanks for sharing and spreading the word!