📖 < 1 min read
Meeting hosts in Google Workspace for Education Fundamentals and Education Plus domains can now mute everyone all at once in Google Meet.
|New host option to mute all participants|
This feature will launch to additional Google Workspace editions in the coming months.
Why you’d use it
This change gives the host more control by helping them prevent or stop disruptions coming from unmuted users.
The meeting host is the only user in a meeting who can use the “mute all” feature. Once all participants are muted, the meeting host cannot unmute them. However, users will be able to unmute themselves as needed.
The mute all feature will only be available for hosts who are joining from a desktop browser, but Google will be launching it on other platforms in the coming months.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: This feature will be available by default to meeting hosts. Visit the Help Center to learn more about muting participants in Google Meet.
- Available to Google Workspace for Education Fundamentals and Education Plus customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, as well as Google Workspace Basic, Business, and Nonprofits customers.
- This feature was listed as an upcoming release.
Thanks for sharing and spreading the word!