Project Description📖 < 1 min read
Earlier this year, Google launched the ability to use Google Meet on Nest Hub Max in beta. Now, we’re making several updates to improve the experience of using Meet on this smart display. Specifically they’re adding:
- An in-call clock to keep meetings on schedule. Just tap on the screen to see it.
- Nameplates on user tiles to help you see who is in a meeting.
- Tap-to-pin specific users, so you can make an individual video feed larger if needed. Double tap on a feed to pin or unpin.
- 2×2 grid view, so you can see up to 4 meeting participants at once, including your own video.
- An overflow menu, so you can see call attendees not displayed in the grid view.
Pin a user to make an individual video feed larger
Use the overflow menu to see call attendees not displayed in the 2×2 grid
- Admins: These updates are available by default for any organizations in the Google Workspace with Google Assistant Beta program. Learn more and apply to join the beta.
- End users: This feature will be ON by default for any users who have already connected their Google Workspace account to a Nest Hub Max. Visit the Help Center to learn how to have a video meeting with your Google Nest Hub Max or learn more about connecting your Google Workspace account to your Nest Hub Max.
- These features are already available for all users.
- Available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, as well as Google Workspace Basic, Business, Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits customers
Thanks for sharing and spreading the word!