📖 2 mins read
Organizers of Google Workspace Enterprise for Education meetings will now receive an attendance report via email once the meeting is over.
Attendance reports will be generated for web or mobile meetings with at least five (and no more than 250) participants and will contain the following information for each:
- Participant’s name
- Participant’s email
- Length of time a participant was on the call, including when they joined and exited
Once a meeting is finished, you’ll receive an attendance report via email.
Students who have the ability to create meetings will receive attendance reports as well.
Why you’d use it
Attendance reports will help meeting organizers keep track of who attended their meetings and for how long, which can be challenging during larger meetings or while presenting.
Recording attendance for ejected or dial-in participants
Google will record the attendance of any participants who chose to dial in. The obfuscated phone number and name displayed during the meeting will appear in the attendance report.
If a meeting participant is ejected and re-admitted to the meeting, you’ll see the time they first joined and the time they last left. The total duration of their attendance will be a sum of their sessions.
- Admins: At this time, there is no admin control for this feature. Google is planning to introduce this setting later this year; stay tuned to the Google Workspace Updates blog to learn when it launches.
- End users: There is no end user setting for this feature. Attendance reports will automatically be sent to the meeting host. Visit the Help Center to learn more about attendance tracking.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1-3 days for feature visibility) starting on September 28, 2020
- Available to Google Workspace Enterprise for Education customers only at this time.
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Google Workspace Basic, Google Workspace Business, Google Workspace for Education, Google Workspace Enterprise, and Google Workspace for Nonprofits customers. Stay tuned to the Google Workspace Updates blog for information when this launches to additional customers.
Thanks for sharing and spreading the word!