Project Description📖 < 1 min read
Quick launch summary
Google is making two improvements which will make Access Transparency logs more useful for Google Workspace admins. Specifically you can now:
- Choose to receive email alerts when specific Access Transparency logs are created.
- See any support ticket numbers associated with requests in the Audit log report.
Access Transparency for Google Workspace provides more visibility into actions taken by Google staff related to your data. Learn more about how Access Transparency can help increase trust in cloud data security.
Access Transparency logs describe the affected resource, the time of the action, the reason for the action, and more. With this launch, you can create automated alerts to get notified via email when specified criteria related to Access Transparency are met and an associated log is created. To get started, create an alert based on the “Event Name = Access” filter.
- Admins: Email alerts will be OFF by default, support ticket information in the audit log will be ON by default. Learn more about Access Transparency logs, or how to set up alerts.
- End users: Feature is not visible to end users.
- This feature is available now for all users.
- Available to Google Workspace Enterprise and Google Workspace Enterprise for Education customers.
- Not available to Google Workspace Basic, Google Workspace Business, Google Workspace for Education, and Google Workspace for Nonprofits customers.
- This feature was listed as an upcoming Google Workspace release.