Project Description📖 < 1 min read
To help limit interruptions to your meeting, Google Meet can now intelligently filter out background noise like keyboard typing, doors opening and closing, and construction outside your window. Cloud-based AI is used to remove noise from your audio input while still letting your voice through.
Google had previously announced this top-requested feature and is now beginning to roll it out to Google Workspace Enterprise and Google Workspace Enterprise for Education customers using Meet on the web. Google will bring the feature to mobile users soon, and will announce on the Google Workspace Updates blog when it’s available.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: This feature is OFF by default. To turn Noise cancellation ON, use the settings menu. Visit the Help Center to learn more about how to filter out noise from your video conference on Google Meet.
- Now available to all web users in most countries.
- For users in Australia, Brazil, India, Japan, and New Zealand, extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on June 30, 2020.
- Not currently available in some countries (currently including South Africa, the UAE, and surrounding locales). See the Help Center for more availability details.
- Available to Google Workspace Enterprise, Google Workspace Enterprise for Education customers*
- Not available to Google Workspace Basic, Google Workspace Business, Google Workspace for Education, and Google Workspace for Nonprofits customers
- This feature was listed as an upcoming Google Workspace release.
Thanks for sharing and spreading the word!