Project Description📖 < 1 min read
Google has updated Google Drive Search operators to enable better results when searching for files in Google Vault. This includes changes to the behavior of the to: and from: operators, and a new sharedwith: operator.
Starting April 27, 2021, to: and from: won’t match files shared before March 2021, but will better reflect actual sharing actions compared to the current logic. See this Help Center article for more information.
Before April 27, 2021, please check your saved Drive search queries in Google Vault and, if needed, make updates to ensure you get the results you expect:
- If you search for files in Vault using the to: or from: Drive search operators, you might want to change to: to sharedwith: and from: to owner: to keep the current search behavior.
- If you do not search for files in Vault using the to: or from: Drive search operators, no action is required.
Note, you’ll know when the new behavior is applied to your to: or from: Drive searches within Vault as you’ll see the below notification near the Terms field:
- Admins: To check your saved queries, go to vault.google.com > Matters > Click the matter that has the saved search query you want to review > Search > View Saved Queries. See full details of the changes to operators, and visit the Help Center to learn more about searching for files in Google Vault and using search operators to refine results in Google Vault.
- End users: No end user impact.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: The change in search operators will take place automatically on April 27, 2021.
- Available to Google Workspace Business Plus, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals, and Education Plus, as well as Google Workspace Business customers and customers with the Vault add-on license
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, and Business Standard customers, or Google Workspace Basic customers.
Thanks for sharing and spreading the word!