GAT Shield offers network website controls, we call it Site Access Control. With this functionality, you can control what websites are accessible by users (who have Shield extension deployed to them), you can block any website or category of websites you deem to be inappropriate or irrelevant. You can also block websites within certain time windows.
Configuring Site Control
Login with Google Workspace Admin account and navigate to Shield → Configuration → Site Access Control
Once there, you can create:
- User-defined Site Access categories
- System-defined Site Access categories
Select and use any of the options, press on the → (arrow) to enable it
This will open a new window, where you can
- Set up Site Access action – Block
- Redirect – set up the redirected website
- Warning message – leave a message to the end-user
- Time restriction – set up time-range during which the rule will be active
- Scope – What users will be affected
The SCOPE – select the Org. Units – enter multiple org. units (make sure to check the option “Include sub. org. units” if the OU has a nested structure and multiple layers.
This is what the user sees whenever they try and access a blocked site.
To request a demo please click here and fill the form, we will get back to you in less than 12 hours during weekdays.
If you trailed GAT in the past and you would like to run a fresh trial again, please enquire through this form.