GAT Shield can be used as a Web Filter extension. It can automatically block Web Sites to be used at all times or select only specific times.
For example, you can block Social media pages between 9 AM and 6 PM – Monday through Friday.
It’s totally customizable and you can add multiple sites to this Block List.
You can also choose to block all sites (A special pre-made category within Site Access Control) but sites covered in your ‘Allowlist’ list will of course still be accessible by users.
Below is a detailed explanation of how to set up a Block List.
Set up the Block List
Navigate to Site Access Control in the GAT Shield console. Then click on “Add a Site Access category”
A pop-up window will be displayed.
Fill in the details
- Site Category – enter a name for the category
- Type – select Block List
- Description – enter a brief description for the category
- Site list – enter the sites you want to block
When the Block List is defined, click on Save
Activate the Block List
The Block List is saved and defined.
Click on the -> arrow under the Actions tab to Activate.
Selecting the arrow will open a new pop-up window.
Fill in the details
- Site Access action – Block
- Redirect – Enter a URL where the browser will redirect to when a site blocked in this category is visited
- Warning message – Enter a message that will be displayed to the user when a site on this list is visited
- Time restriction – Select a time range during which the rule will be active
- Scope – Rule recipients. If no value is specified, all domain users are affected
When ready with the settings click on the Save button.
The Social media block category will be set up and placed in Active Site Access rules
The sites under this category and the selected Scope (affected users) will be blocked to access the setup pages.
Editing existing Block Lists
You can modify the rules applied and add new sites to the list by selecting the ‘Pen’ icon under the action bar in the User-defined Site Access Categories area.
You can add multiple sites to your Block List while it is still Active
To request a demo please click here and fill the form, we will get back to you in less than 12 hours during weekdays.
If you tried GAT in the past and you would like to run a fresh trial again, please enquire through this form.